Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog Post #13

Top Ten Tips for using Technology in the Classroom


Jose Picardo has a list of ten tips when using technology in the classroom.
1)Use streaming video
2)Use music more often
3)Use teleconferencing tools(skype, etc.)
4)Create Your own Interactive exercises
5)Use Your Interactive Whiteboard more effectively
6)Create Your own Podcasts
7)Start a blog or a wiki
8)Use social networks
9)Use internet tools
10)Make the most of your pupils' gadgets

All of these tips are very useful reminders for teaching in the classroom. These ten tips should be engraved into the minds of all teachers when thinking about using technology. I hope to make a conscious effort to keep great use of these tips when I become a teacher. Jose Picardo made a simple yet extremely useful video.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Sarah. Jose Picardo's ten tips could be very useful when using technology in the classroom. He tells us what to use and gives us information on how to use it. EDM has shown me the importance of allowing our students to use technology. I hope as a teacher I remember all the things I have learned and am able to allow my students to advance with the use of technology. Good luck to you in your future teaching career.

    Krissy Mennicucci

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they are engraved in your mind, maybe you will!

    ReplyDelete