Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blog Post #1




   Hi, my name is Sarah Nelson. I was born in Nassau Bay, Texas and raised in Pensacola, Florida. I am twenty years old and I am now attending the University of South Alabama for the second time. My first year of college I came to University of South Alabama at the very last minute. I absolutely loved being here, but my mother really wanted me to come home and go to the local university(University of West Florida). I was miserable at home and decided I had to come back to Mobile. So, that is exactly what I did. Now I am here at South Alabama in the elementary education program and could not be happier.

   There is actually no reason exactly why I decided to major in elementary education. My Aunt Melissa that lives in Orlando, Florida is a teacher as well as a counselor.  She has received teacher of the year award in the state of Florida and is a true inspiration for me jumping into teaching.  My cousin attended the University of Arkansas and got her Bachelors degree and her Masters in FIVE years! I only wish we had a program where I could do everything in five years!! I do love children. When I moved home, I watched my cousins three kids(all under the age of four). I grew strongly attached to them and watching them made me realize that this is really what I want to do. I want to be around children because they always make me happy.

I consider myself to be very outgoing and loud.  My roommate is also in education(special education). Having someone else going through the same classes makes it easier to relate what I am experiencing and going through.  I love animals, especially dogs. I miss my yellow lab, Belle, very much. I sometimes think I miss her more than I miss some of my family. I am looking forward to continuing my journey in becoming an elementary education teacher.

2 comments:

  1. I am visiting my daughter in Dallas. she and her family have two labs. One, a 2 year old chocolate, loves to swim laps in the pool. It is fun to watch.

    Glad to have you back at South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,

    I hope that you will have fun here at South.

    My dad has a black lab that he loves to take when he duck hunts. I is so awesome to see the dogs retrieve and be so obedient.

    Don't hesitate to ask for help.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete