Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Post #9

What I've Learned This Year

I like how he admits to being scared and inexperienced, but still willing to learn and share his experiences to benefit others. I can only hope to be as eager as he is to share with other educators and students. Mr.McClung makes a great point that teaching is not just about the teacher, it is about making sure there is a strong sense of student comprehension. Making sure the students are the focus of your class is a very important task when creating lessons.He says that, "No lesson is ever perfect.The lesson you teach and the one you plan are always different".I have a hard time of letting things just flow and wanting to control the plan, so I hope and pray that I can let the class just pan out as it goes.McClung makes a strong point to never stop learning and keep faith in your students. I really valued McClung's advice and only hope to learn as much as he did in his first year of teaching.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I agree with everything that you said about Mr. McClung. I am sure that it is very difficult to be a first time teacher. I am scared that I will be extremely overwhelmed. As you point out "making sure that the students are the focus of your class is a very important task when creating lessons." I am sure it will take a couple of years to really get to the point that we are able to do this well. You said that you have a hard time just letting the class flow so how do you think that you might find ways to let the class just flow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to learn to be flexible to survive. I can assure you of that!

    Last week Mr. McClung posted his third annual reflection. I think they get better and better. It will take only 5 minutes or so to read the 2010-2011 What I Learned This Year. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah I like your point. I know that as a teacher, not every student is going to get what I say every time. I really think that can make you a better teacher; to explore and have more than one way of teaching things.

    Your blog is looking really good Sarah.

    Keep up the good work,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete