Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog Post #8



This is How We Dream
By: Richard E. Miller





Richard Miller is a man with many ideas for the future educators. He believes that we should all share our knowledge infinitely. I agree that as educators we should want to share all that we know are are learning with others. Miller also says, " We as educators must be in the business of sharing ideas freely". We as teachers should want to share our ideas if it means helping others and achieving dreams. He sees using digital composure one day completely instead of students using a Word document. How neat would that be if no one ever used Word documents. It is interesting to think that teachers really have not begun to understand how profound these changes in technology are. Technology allows us to articulate our dreams and share them with others, and I think that is pretty amazing.

Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12

Carly Pugh's Blog #12

Carly's Blog post #12 is amazing. I could not ever see myself being able to put together an assignment like that. Although, I truly would love to be able to one day for my students.Creating a playlist for her assignment is a great way to teach students to learn on their own and find what they think is helpful and interesting. Being able to find these videos and share them with others is a great process.I enjoyed reading why she chose this assignment and the video ending her post as well.

Edm 310 For Dummies


The Chipper Series
The Chipper Series

These videos were great. The camera work makes me feel really horrible that I can barely take a decent picture.I hope to someday create a video on how frustrated I once was during EDM310. It would be amazing if Dr. Strange wrote a book! I would definitely read it and suggest it to others. As far as directing one of these videos goes, I am not too sure. But I would love to demonstrate what I have learned or let others know how frustrating things can be but how you can get over them.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video was really interesting. It had teachers, authors, and CEO's from all over the place. They all agreed on the same thing, that technology is so important for the future. Not only is it important for students, but it is important for teachers. There are so many opportunities for children and teachers if we just use them. All of these sources are out there for kids to use, but they are not being used.

One man said,"technology is not a choice, it has created a world". It is a world that we should all want to participate in and live in. Another person said, "It is about connectivity, access, relationship, and community". It is so important for us as educators to give our students the opportunity to be great at something. Technology is just one large way in which we can do so.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! I agree with you about Richard Miller's video he made. I think it is great for others to share ideas, and I think it would also be very neat for us all to one day do presentations or projects through digital composure. Carly's blog was amazing! I hope that one day I can also be as effective as her in creating assignments like that! Your post was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " It would be amazing if Dr. Strange wrote a book!" True. I would much rather do a multimedia product. But I am still learning how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah,

    I have never imagined a day without word or word documents. But, I do think that that day is coming soon. I really think that we will need to be well adapted to change because we are the ones that are kind of caught in between this new age of learning.

    Dr. Strange should write lots of books! I think that that would be an awesome idea! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Chipper Series. It shows really situations in a humorous way.

    Great job Sarah,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete